
A couple of weeks ago, we went down to the harbor so I could get some pictures for a project I was working on. I Googled the sunset times and after we finished grocery shopping, we went over. It was pretty cold, so Mom stayed in the car, and I went down to the docks. I had one of Dad's jackets that got put in the car by mistake. He wears it when we go fishing, and it's really big on him so he can wear it over all the layers that early morning April fishing requires and it even fits over his life vest. It war really awkward to balance it, (the sleeves came past my fingers!) my camera, and the 2 lenses I had brought along. It was AMAZING down there, for awhile I just drank in the stillness and quite. It was so peaceful there, it reminded me a lot of Howard Prarie (my FAVORITE place ever!) I soon got to work framing and composing, switching lenses, only to realize that I had on the right one on before I switched! I got to play around with traditional, abstract, and fine art techniques. I never have enough time to try all the things I want to, so it was so nice to be able to take as long as I wanted! Mom is very understanding about that, and if we have extra time some day, she will take me where I can shoot to my heart's content! By the time I was done, my fingers were numb. Mom had the car all toasty when I came back, and I thawed quickly =) I had a great time all by my self and came away with some nice shots!
No comments:
Post a Comment