Pages

Nov 16, 2014

My World 365: 2014 (November)


I decided it would be a fun challenge for myself to do a Attitude of Gratitude photo series in November. I may be kicking myself (HARD) in a few days for doing something so ambitious, but for now, I am pretty excited at the prospect. These aren't in any particular order, it just depends on the day, the weather, and the lighting when I decide to shoot. I hope you enjoy it!

November 1
I am thankful for our chickens. I love them all, even if they are the stupidest birds on the planet. I am thankful for the fresh eggs we sometimes get, and for the laughs we get out of watching them. I am also thankful that we get to keep them as pets, and not eat them for dinner, although some people at our house have threatened to turn them into soup on numerous occasions!


November 2
I am so thankful for gorgeous fall light. I love how it makes everything sparkle. It lights the leaves on fire, and makes everything glow. Perfection! Thank you Lord for all your amazing handiwork!


November 3
I am so incredibly grateful for my best friend Jessi. We have been friends since we were 3, and I am so thankful that she has put up with me for so long! I chose these Converse for her because she and her husband Mike love Converse so much, all the bridesmaids wore them in their wedding! And...the little Converse because they are going to have a baby!! I am so happy and excited for them!!


November 4
I am very thankful for our family's business! 3 generations of Pettys work here, and I am very proud to be a part of it! I am also incredibly thankful for my grandparents, who are some of the kindest, most generous people I know! I am so proud to be your granddaughter Grandma and Poppy! Thank you for all you do! 


November 5
 I am very thankful for music. Music has some strange powers. It can soothe, prompt praise for our Heavenly Father, make you sad, comfort, make you sing along (even if you have a terrible voice), make you excited, make you disgusted and cover your ears, put you in rapture, make you dance, make you happy, make you remember, make you cry, make a bad day better, lull you to sleep, wake you up, and make you feel loved. I would truly hate to live in a world without music.


November 6
I LOVE rain. Like a lot. It's my favorite. I am thankful that we live in an area that it blessed with an abundance of fresh water. I am thankful that our rain is safe and clean, and I am also very thankful for petrichor, the scent of rain! (I love learning new words!)


November 7
I am so very thankful for this handsome fella.  I honestly do not know what we ever did without him. He is a handful, but is the biggest blessing to our lives.  I am so grateful that God allowed us to have him, even if I was the most unwilling sister-to-be in the world at the time he was born.  He is my sunshine, and he most definitely makes me happy when skies are grey. His smile, kisses and giggles melt my heart into a puddle every. single. time. He is very thoughtful, and the stories, drawings, and presents he bestows on us each day make me so happy. He is getting so big, and now I know how sad parents must feel as they watch their babies grow, even though I'm not a parent. It will be fun to see who he will grow into.


November 8
This may seen strange, but I am thankful for pumpkins. This is a universal symbol for my favorite season, and get so excited to see the first pumpkins of the season hit the shelves! I love what they stand for (except Halloween.),cheerful colors and uniqueness. I am thankful that when they come out it means Thanksgiving is right around the corner!


November 9
I am thankful for our faithful family dog. Reese is such a sweetheart, and is the most gentle, playful, loving, and protective dog anyone could ask for! He is the only dog I have ever seen play fetch until he literally can't anymore and drops from exhaustion. He has won the hearts of our mail carrier and UPS guy, they even out of the truck to throw sticks for him! He lets Mr. sit, climb, jump, and pull on him, and he still has the sweetest disposition! He is so good at letting us know when someone comes to the house, and is a great guard dog. We are very blessed to have him!


November 10
 I am thankful for my grandparents! Nana & Grampy love to travel, and have been all around the world, hence the map and a few souvenirs they have brought us. (chocolate from Greece is amazing by the way, Germany's, not so much) I am grateful that they have raised their daughters in a Godly home, and that they in turn have raised their children the same way. They are 2 of the nicest, most wonderful people I have had the privilege of knowing, and am proud to be their granddaughter! I love you Nana & Grampy!


November 11
Today, I am thankful for one of my favorite foods ever- popcorn. It is so addictingly good, and we eat an insane amount of t around here, because, um... I got Mr. hooked too! I am thankful that there is another person in our house who will eat it up, because then I don't eat it all!


November 12
 I am so so, so, thankful that we live only a few blocks away from our local cheese company! I love that their cheese is organic and local (we know a bunch of the dairy farmers that supply the milk!). We EAT a lot of cheese at our house. Like a lot a lot. We have to make weekly/bi-weekly trips to Rumiano's for more. It is sooooo good, it has won a ton of national awards!



November 13
 I am thankful for quilts!!  I love feeling cozy and safe, and quilts definitely deliver. They are so comforting, when you wrap yourself in them, you can just feel the love that went into making them.



November 14
I am so, so, so, so thankful for books! I have always and forever been a big reader. There is nothing quite like getting lost in a good book, seeing the story play out in your mind, wondering what is going to happen next (although I'm not going to lie. I LOVE spoilers, so I always read the last chapter right after I read the first chapter. I don't like surprises!). Reading always takes me to my happy place, and I tend to stay there after after I'm finished with the book. It's so wonderful to just escape into your imagination, and a book is the vehicle to take you there.


November 15
 I am thankful for photography.  "You don't make a photograph just with your camera.  You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen the books you have read, the music you have heard, and the people you have loved,"  I love this quote by Ansel Adams; his work is so inspiring, I get lost in his pictures, they are absolutely enchanting.  I am also very thankful for my camera equipment!  I am incredibly blessed to have it!


November 16
I am so, so, so grateful to live where I do!  You honestly cannot beat the crazy beautiful scenery we have!  Even though I have been around redwoods all my life, I am still in awe of them. They are so HUGE and majestic! We went for a hike today with a friend of ours. He took us on a trail by his house, and it was really fun. He was a great guide, and very informative! Thanks Andrew, it was fun!  I feel so small while standing next to redwoods that re thousands of years old. God is so amazing!


November 17
I am so thankful for my sister Kerri! She lives in Texas now, and it is hard having her so far away! I am so, so, so proud of her, and am very blessed to have her for a sister!! I love you Ker!


November 18
I am thankful for shoes!  Now I am a barefoot girl, always and forever, and in summertime, I am rarely in anything more than flip-flops!  BUT I am grateful that I have shoes, and that I have the option to wear them or not!  I am thankful that I have nice warm boots in the fall, rain boots in the winter, and flip-flops in the summer.  Lots of people don't have the same privileges as we do, God had blessed us so much!


November 19
 I am so very thankful for cookbooks!  I am addicted. I LOVE to look at cookbooks!  I have a decent sized collection, and read  through them like novels. Sometimes I find something to make, sometimes I don't, but I am always happy just to sit and read through them. 


November 20
 I am thankful for this silly little bird named Bosley. We hatched a chucker a few months ago, and had never raised, or even seen one before. She is hilarious. She makes these funny noises, she reminds me of a cross between a video game, Cousin Itt (from the Addams Family) and an otter. She thinks she is a parrot, and loves to sit on top of your head, or on your shoulder. She does a little tap dance thing when she gets scared, and stands on her tiptoes when she is curious. Which is almost always. She is so fun! We just love her!


November 21
I am so incredibly grateful for my Heavenly Father! This song sums it up MUCH better than I could ever hope to do. Amazing grace! How sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me! I once was lost, but now am found; Was blind, but now I see.
’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved; How precious did that grace appear The hour I first believed. Through many dangers, toils and snares, I have already come; ’Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far, And grace will lead me home. The Lord has promised good to me,  His Word my hope secures;
He will my Shield and Portion be, As long as life endures. Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail, And mortal life shall cease, I shall possess, within the veil, A life of joy and peace. The earth shall soon dissolve like snow, The sun forbear to shine; But God, who called me here below,
Will be forever mine. 
When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun, We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise Than when we’d first begun.

                                                                                    
  

November 22
I am so, so, so, grateful for my amazing parents!  They are such a wonderful godly couple who are doing their best to raise us as the Bible says is a world that makes doing so very difficult!  Thank you for being such wonderful examples of Proverbs 22:6 to us, and for working so hard to provide for our needs. You are both the epitome of selflessness, and I thank you for that. Thank you for putting up with my odd quirks, and loving me unconditionally,even in spite of the fact that I can be an impossible person to deal with sometimes. Thank you for putting up with my excitement over weird things, and for teaching me the value of prayer and hard work. Thank you for answering all my strange and hard questions, sitting down with me and patiently explaining things for hours at a time when I am confused (which is often). Thank you for cleaning up my messes, helping me to fix my mistakes, and for going through Math with me. Above all, thank your continual pointing us toward our Savior. You both are so awesome!! I love you!  


November 23
 I am thankful for my sweet rabbit Balki. She is such a sweetheart, and I am grateful for her.
  

November 24
 I am thankful our DVD library.  So when I did my picture for November 14, I said that reading always takes me to my happy place. Well, so does a good movie and TV series! I love curling up with a good show and am very thankful to have ready access to a bunch of my favorites!


November 25
I am so thankful for my sister Megan. She is such a sweet and beautiful girl! I am very proud to have her for my sister! I love her crazy, wonderful, obsessive, excitable, personality. She makes me so happy! I love you Mimi!


November 26
I am thankful for flowers. If you have been following along on my 365 project, you probably noticed that I have a thing for them.  They are my most photographed subject. 
Luke 12:27-28 "Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these."  I love this verse, there is so much truth in it!  Flowers are so exquisite, and I am so glad that God made them for us to enjoy!


November 27
Happy Thanksgiving!  I LOVE that old movie Holiday Inn. It is such a classic, and I could watch it a thousand times and not get tired of it. In it, Bing Crosby sings a song at Thanksgiving time. I've got plenty to be thankful for. I haven't got a great big yacht to sail from shore to shore, still I've got plenty to be thankful for.
I've got plenty to be thankful for. No private car, no caviar, no carpet on my floor. Still I've got plenty to be thankful for. I've got eyes to see with, ears to hear with, arms to hug with, lips to kiss with, someone to adore. How could anybody ask for more? My needs are small, I buy them all at the five and ten cent store. Oh, I've got plenty to be thankful for.

I am thankful that we have food to eat on a daily basis, that our cupboards are full, and that we are never truly starving, even if we exaggerating-ly say we are!   


November 28
  I am beyond thankful for my whole entire family!  I love each and every one of you, and I am so proud to be a part of your families! I honestly don't know what I would do without any of you!  To all my aunts and uncles,  grandparents, my remaining great grand parent, all of you crazy cousins (and normal cousins!!) on the Petty/Black & Liles/Fanger sides, I love you!! Thank your for always being there when I needed you, and for loving me!!!!


November 29
I am thankful for Christmas lights!  I have always (and will continue to do so) gotten so excited to see Christmas stuff hit the shelves!  It is one of my favorite seasons, and it means the my 2 favorite holidays (Thanksgiving & Christmas) are coming up! Christmas lights are so... magical!  I love how cozy their glow makes you feel!  It instantly takes you into celebration mode, and that makes me very happy!


November 30
Wow. this month has flown by!  This is my last day of taking thankful pictres (Thank goodness!! I am grateful for so many things, and it's hard to translate that visually and creatively!).
I am thankful for my sister Lauren! She is not biologically, or even legally, a part of our family, but emotionally (where it counts) she totally is. She fits in with our extended family better than I do, it's absolutely amazing that she isn't related by blood! I am so glad to have her in my life, and I seriously don't know what we ever did without her!!  I am SO glad for this crazy, beautiful, weird, amazingly awesome person that God (and Kerri!) brought into our family!  I love you Lauren, to the moon and back, and to infinity and beyond!


No comments: