Pages

Mar 11, 2015

Lovely Lemons


A friend of my grandma's invited my family over to her house fro a lemon picking party. Her lemon tree was huge. I am not even kidding when I say it was taller than her house!  We came home with 2 five gallon buckets full to the brim, and a half full garbage bag to boot. That's not counting what my grandma and grandpa picked with us, or the multiple 5 gallon buckets that was picked the weekend before, or the 150 pounds that her daughter picked, or the ones that Marcia (the owner) picked!  It was incredible!  Typically, citrus doesn't grow well here, but my goodness. She was doing something right with that tree! I'll be posting pictures of the picking soon-ish, so stay tuned! I had a photo project in mind, so I picked a bunch of the green lemons off of the branches that were being pruned, and after I got done with my shoot, I felt bad for just throwing them away. So I Goggled  uses for green lemons, and found that they can be used like limes. So I made a small batch of lemonade using the green lemons, and it was amazing! Like, I'd rather have green lemonade that yellow lemonade from now on! 

I love the way this one turned out!  It was inspired by Lindsay Landis (Love&OliveOil.com) who did a stunning blueberry stages photograph. I loved it so much, that I wanted to try to recreate it with all the lemons we brought home! 








No comments: