Pages

Dec 9, 2013

Sisters! (and a brother)




We have been blessed with a visit from Lauren, who, you might remember, moved to Texas in August.  We have all missed her like crazy!  She was able to come for Thanksgiving, and stay 2 extra weeks!  There will be more posts on Thanksgiving later on, but I thought I should put these on first. It had been raining super hard, and I had been visualizing this picture for our Christmas cards for a really long time, so I thought that this would be a perfect opportunity. Of course, by the time everyone was downstairs, dressed in their rain clothes, and willing ( or should I say, forced :)) outside for the picture, it had stopped raining.  And Mr. had been playing with my umbrella, and it was broken, and didn't feel like cooperating with us.  The rain problem would be fairly easy to fix (or so I thought) I was thinking it would be easy to make it look like it was raining, by standing by a fence, where there would be someone on the other side spraying water over us, not on us, to create the illusion of rain. Yeah, in theory, it should of worked.  Throw a 3 year old, an uncooperative sister, and a broken umbrella (that was too small anyway) into the mix and you've got a problem.   Thankfully Sophia was over and we talked her into holding the hose for us, or this picture wouldn't have happened! I was holding the hose first, as a demonstrator, and the nozzle was leaking, so my pants were soaked.  Sophia accidentally (the first time anyway) sprayed Meg and Lauren ( my stand in models to see if this was even going to work) and Mr. thought that was hilarious.  He decided to fill a bucket with water and came over and threw it at me.  He thought the whole thing was a big water fight! Meg and Lauren ran to my grandparents house to see if they had an umbrella, and we managed to hold the other umbrella open long enough to get these.  I accidentally tilted one side of the umbrella that Meg and |I were under, and the water ran down Meg's face and sleeve. Oops!  Sorry!  She was kinda mad, and we were all soaked!  So since were were all wet anyway, went puddle stomping, which I will blog about later. 

No comments: