Pages

Jan 6, 2021

Our World: 365 (2021) Introduction

 This year, I decided to take up the challenge of a daily photo project. This is my 3rd, and while I enjoy doing it, a lot of thought, creativity, and work is involved, and I get tired of it before the year is through. I have been saving for a few years, and now have enough money saved up to upgrade my photography kit. The camera I am using now is 10 years old, and the lenses I've had for even longer. They are starting to show their age, and It's just time. However, holding all that money in my hand makes me more than a little reluctant to spend it, even though it has been set aside for a new camera. I hoped that starting this project will give me the push I need to pull the trigger and buy it! I also know that creative processes are more fun when you are not just working by yourself- for the most part. I proposed my project to my 10 year old brother, Derik, and he agreed to participate. When he was younger, we would spend hours outsid taking photos. He loved taking pictures using my big camera (with my help), and would ask to go take pictures all the time. As he has grown and developed his own intrests, our photography adventures ended, and that makes me sad. I am so thrilled to be doing this with him, and am excited to watch his skill grow. I am working hard to let him learn on his own, just as I did, 13 years ago. I will always be there to lend some experience if he wants it. I tend to try and add too much input, and I want this to be fun, relaxed, and to foster a love of photogrphy, and me being bossy will not help! I do want him to grow, and become more skilled, so I will give gentle guidence on framing, lighting, angles, subject mtter, and patience for waiting for the right moment as we go along. Right now, we are at the point-the-camera-and-shoot-recklessly stage. I thought it would be fun to post our progress here, so you can follow along. At the end of each month, I will post the photos we took. I am slso doing something difrent, in that I am using prompts I found from The Idea Room blog. It can be a challenge to find inspiration during our very long rainy season, and these prompts have helped me tremendously so far. I am using a mix of all the years that The Idea Room has prompts for, and we bounce around between 2 of the prompt listing for each month. This is going to help my creativity, I am 100% sure! 

No comments: