January 1, Prompt: Celebration
Mr. thought of confetti as soon as I said celebration. He made the confetti, and the design was all his idea, although he had some help from Mom to get it how he wanted it.
January 02, Prompt: Starts with a B
I chose Bare Branches for my B
Mr. picked Breaking waves.
January 03, Prompt: Drink
Water is my drink of choice, but always without ice.
Mr. chose to photograph a chicken's bottom. Boys.
January 05, Prompt: Deep
We both picked the ocean, aka The Deep Blue Sea.
January 06, Prompt: Black/Cluttered
I chose Black as my prompt today. I did a study in black, using kitchen tools.
Mr. picked Cluttered. He took a photo of his room. He apparently dosn't understand the difference between cluttered, and messy! ๐
January 08, Prompt: Wrinkle
I wracked my brain to think of what I could do for Wrinkled. I finaly hit upon this idea, and am so pleased with the results!
Mr. decided to forego our prompt, and shot this cute mushroom on a walk with Mom.
January 08, Prompts: Dorway/ A Dream
I'm not thrilled with my effort today. Both prompts were stumping me, and I didn't want to set up a big layout, shoot it, and clean it up. So I took the lazy way out, and shot our front door. Ta da! a Doorway!Mr. went with Dream. He also took the easy way out! He knows a You Tuber that is known as Dream. So he tok a picture of his "Skin". I had to really hold my tongue, and just let him do what he wanted. ๐
January 09, Prompt: Join
I thought that stained glass would be perfect for join, since it is all different pieces of glass, joined together.
Mr. loves making paper chains, so that is what he chose for his "joined' subject.
January 10, Prompts: Quiet/Escape
I can't think of many things that are quieter than a foggy cow pasture that isn't in use!
Mr. went with Escape. The ocean is the escape of choice for SO many!
January 11, Promps: Cheerful/A Pair
Finding things that are cheerful in our dark, dark world right now is not an easy task. But, if you go out and look, you just may stumble across some early blooms that make you smile.
Mr. wanted to do BOTH prompts today. He set up this shot, told me where to stand, when to shoot, ect. So even though he didn't technically take the picture, I gave him A for effort, and counted it! This is him being cheerful on the rope swing.
This is Mr.'s Pair. Our 2 ducks, the white Pekin named Buffy, and the Muscovy named Melrose.
January 12, Prompt: The Weather
We both photographed rain drops. I got low, and photographed a single drop as it landed and exploded.
Mr. photographed a large puddle, with all the ripples the raindrops created on the surface.
January 13, Prompt: Reflection
I see puddle reflections often, but never really stopped to appreciate them until today, when I made a concious effort to seek out reflections. I really loved this little vignette.
Mr. chose do do a self portrait.
BONUS:
I had a VERY proud teacher moment today. All on his own, without my knowledge, Mr. pulled out a black photography background I have, ad set up these 2 shots. He laid out the fruit very carefully, and told me later he was very careful to frame them just how he wanted it. When it was a little too dark, he even went and got a LED camping lantern, and used it as an additional light source! He is really growning in his skill, and is developing a enthusiasm for photography! Even if he grows tired of the daily grind that a project like this entails (I know I have- it gets wearing after a few months), and wants to stop, at least I know that at one point, he was excited about creating art.
January 14, Prompt: Connected
I chose to shoot this chain in a more abstracted way than we normally think of how a chain looks.
Mr. shot this tree we have across our driveway. He liked how the stumps and branches connect to the trunk.
January 15, Prompt: Shadows
It was a pretty overcast day today, with flat light. I only had a short window of time that the sun was shining strongly enough to create shadows, so I couldn't really go out an scout around for good ones. So I pulled out Mom, Meg, and Mr., and had them model for me.
Mr. saw these blocks of wood, and thought they looked like a city skyline, so he aranged them, how he liked, and went with that. He even Put a How To Train Your Dragon figurine on top, like a King Kong kind of vibe! ๐
January 16, Prompt: Supersized
I took a picture, long ago of our sweet dog Reese, who has since passed away. I wanted to recreate it with Cablea, and when I read that today's prompt was Supersize, it was the first thing that came to my mind. This was a tricky shot, and required LOTS of treats and drool. Ick!
Mr. decided to Supersize one of our bantumn hens, Ophelia
January 17, Prompt: Golden
I gathered all of the gold jewelery I could get my hands on for this photo.
My dad, and sister Megan are Golden State Warrior fans. When he heard that today's prompt was Golden, Mr. ran and grabbed this hat, and pulled it down of Meg's face, telling her to hold still. ๐
January 18, Prompt: 2:00 p.m.
What a weird prompt, right? This is what I was doing at 2: mowing the lawn.
This is what Spegs was doing at 2:00 p.m. on January 21. He got just a bit behind on his photo taking!
January 19, Prompt: On the Counter
My favorite section of our counter is this part. It's where we keep our baking ingredients, and my spatulas (they are just out of frame)!
This was Mr.'s photo. I had just made a sandwich, and hadn't yet put up the mayo, so it was on the counter still.
January 20, Prompt: A Pet
We have a LOT of pets, so it was hard to choose just one! I settled on Mr.'s parakeet Jake. She is adorable, and very photogenic!
This is Megan's pet bantum hen, Ophelia. She thinks she is a person, and therefore, has every right to be in the house. She was Mr.'s choice for his pet photo.
January 21, Prompts: A Space/Bold
The sky was STUNNING today! The clouds filled the sky like a big, fluffy blanket, and the blue peeking through was my Space. A Space between the clouds.
Mr. went with Bold. This is Cynthia. She is normaly a very shy little hen, but today, she went right up to Mr. and he said that it was a very bold thing for her to do.
January 22, Prompt: Darkness/Brillance
I ๐ light painting! It is a technique in photography where you shoot in a realatively dark place, with weak light sources. You hold open the shutter while either moving the camera/zooming in or out the lens (or both), or moving around the light source. It is such an exciting process for me. I love shooting illuminated rides at the fair, or Christmas lights. I've gotten cool images from oncoming headlights while riding in the backseat of a car, dashboard lights, the lone red light atop cell phone towers, glow sticks, even the moon! This image was from a weather station we have installed in our wood barn. I stumbled upon this method on my own when I accidentaly forgot to change my shutter speed one day after the sun went down. When I first started proper light painting, I pulled my sisters out into our dark field, and made them draw/write with flashlights! It's a tricky process, as you have to write backwards in order to have it present correctly, since photography uses mirrors to capture images. I think this is WAY more fun, and it was cool to show Mr. this fun little trick.
Spegs got a belated Christmas present from our Aunt Cathy and Uncle Bruce tonight: a pair of hover skates! They light up, and he didn't want to take them off! He took this unconventional light painting while balancing on them, but I think it came out well.
January 23, Prompt: Friendship/Cold
When I was 3, the Cole family move into the house behind us, and lived there until I was in 8th grade. Their house became my house too. They had a daughter, named Jessica, who was 3 months older than me, and we became best friends. They also had a son, Brandon, wo was a little younger than my sister, Kerri, and a daughter, Juliana, who was a little older than my sister, Megan. The 2 knotholes in the upper right hand corner are from the fence that seperated our yards. That's how we met, watching each other through them, and later, passing things and secrets through them as well. Our Dads built us ladders on the fence, right beside our favorite knothole, and we used them to go from one yard to the other. When they moved, the land lord tore the fence down, to build a safer one, and I couldn't bear to see the knotholes destroyed. I rescued them, and they live in the memory box Jess put togtether for one of my brithdays.We were together constantly, when not in school, and we had the best childhoods. We are still best friends today, and Jessi and her family live in Grants Pass. I have an extreme adversion to driving, so I don't get to see them as often as I wist I could, but she comes down often to see her parents, who still live in town. She has a very kind husband, Mike, and 2 adorably precious children, Arealise, and Dezmond. This photo is an ode to our friendship, including so many things that were meaningful to our early friendship, and to our current friendship too. We built a LOT of blanket forts, made many mixed CDs, took so many photos, watched VHS tapes while eating Ramen noodles, made a great many beaded bracelets, scrapbooked anything we could lay our hands on, shared books, went on MANY snail hunts, dug up any bare dirt we could find, and played either pirate or kitchen, depending on the plot of ground. She was Tigger to my Winnie The Pooh, always the adventurous one, up in trees, jumping off swings, flipping on the trampoline as her dad bounced us. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding, and it has been a privilege to be "Aunt Bertney" to Area nad Dez. I love you Jess, thanks for always being such a wonderful, understanding friend, and putting up with me for all these years!
This is Melrose, our Muscovy duck, taking a bath in some VERY cold water.
January 24, Prompt: Fluffy
This is Maureen, or frizzle banty hen. Her feathers are so fluffy, she is roughly the shape and size of a basketball!
This is our Pekin duck, Buffy. She has this cute little poof of down on the top of her hed, and it is so soft and fluffy.
January 25, Prompt: a Few
I can never remember how many things constitute a few, a couple, and several. I went with 3 as a Few. We had a good dozen robins in our field, all spread out, and I had to exercise patience to wait for them to get close enough together to get a photo. This was the only one I was able to get, as soon as I pressed the shutter, they separated again!
Mr. immediately went an snapped Cabela whan he heard the prompt was Few. She is a weird dog, and likes to parade around, and makes a "phew" noise as she does so. I told him that there was a diference between Few, and Phew, but he was adamant about this being his photo. I didn't press the issue any further, because art is all about interpretation! I am happy that he is using his creativity, and looking at things unconventionaly!
January 26, Prompt: Tiny
We had quite a storm on this day, and I REALLY din't want to go out into it. When I saw this box of Tiny Conversation Hearts on the counter, I knew I had found my subject.
Spegs found this tiny little potato bug hiding under a beam.
January 27, Prompt: Cozy/In the Distance
I can't think of many things more cozy than being curled up with a quilt, book, and a mug of hot chocolate on a rainy day!
Spegs chose to photogaph the mountains we can see from our driveway. Unfortunatly, on overcast days, they are not very visible.
January 28, Prompt: Game
Megan helped me with this one. We love games! We pulled out a few of our favorite board game boards, and she made a fan with them.
Of course, Mr. had to shoot his beloved video games!
January 29, Prompt: In Nature
It was quite frosty this morning. I love it when the grass gets encased in ice crystals; it is so pretty and sparkly! I was running late for work, and couldn't take photographs properly. Too bad too, the few I took would have been really cool if I could of spent more time on them! I really like how my zoom singled out one lone blade, and made the rest all "creamy"!
Spegs like the way these branches looked like a spider web.
January 30, Prompt: Gray/Facial Feature
For Gray, I photographed the stunning feathers on my favorite pet guinnea hen, Mia.
Here is Melrose again. Mr. loved the how angry she looked in this photo.He thought her bill was a great feature!
January 31, Prompt: Silhouette
We played around with our subjcts of choice, placing them behind a white light reflector I have, with a single light soure behind them. It was tricky, but fun. They didn't turn out like I had envisoined them, but that's ok! I chose Grandpa, our Starling, as my subject.
This is Mama Kitten (her real name is Jordan, we just call her Mama), and she was Mr'.s choice.












No comments:
Post a Comment